Thursday, April 21, 2016

Camping with kids.

 If you read my last post you would know that we have been looking for a camp trailer. We've been stalking Craigslist for a while and when one popped up near Seattle we went right up to get it. I'll tell ya the shortened version of this trip because it was quite the ordeal.


We spent over 12 hours in the car with three kids. I was honestly impressed with how well they did! Shady guy on Craigslist, (who knew there were shady people on Craigslist?!? haha) who talked on his phone constantly. He told us the title was at his house and then said it was in Seattle. That meant that he had to drive up to Seattle and he said that we should go out for lunch. When we came back from lunch there was an older man there looking at the camp trailer and the shady guy left, called Charlie, and told him to drive the camp trailer to his house since the trailer was parked at a friend's house. As Charlie was getting ready to hitch it up to our car the older man sitting there said, "Hey, I just bought this." Saaaaay, whaaaaat? In the hour that we were gone to lunch the shady guy had sold the camp trailer to someone else. Thankfully we didn't give him our money and decided that we weren't going to deal with someone so dishonest. It turned out to be a great lesson for the kids! I was a little bummed that we had driven all that way, but I knew that God must have something better for us.  One door closes, another one opens, right? I just wasn't expecting the door to open an hour later. We decided to up our price range and look on Craigslist in hopes that we could talk someone down to a better price. The PERFECT one popped up and I called the guy. The price was almost $1000 more than what we wanted to pay but I figured I'd give it a shot. The guy say he would only go down $500 so I told him thanks, and that we'd keep looking. He asked if we had the cash and I told him we did. He dropped the price to what we could afford and we bought it!! Praise God! 

Here's a picture of her. I still haven't named her yet.



Isn't it cute?!?

We decided to take the kids to Detroit Lake camping. This was the only campsite available on such short notice and it was absolutely perfect. Tucker had a cold and was cutting a tooth. Y'all know how that can go, and we still had fun! We spent most of our time fishing, going on walks, hanging out by the campfire, and eating S'mores. Sounds like a successful camping trip to me and I can't wait to go again. Here's some pictures of our trip.



                                                  Just a man watching the sunrise haha!


Daddio, Emily and Jakey boy.


Just a girl fishin' and Tucker throwing rocks.


Jakey boy in the forest.

Daddio getting some sun. Tuckers face cracks me up haha!

Jake lost his pants.....

He's so sweet <3

Hangin' out in the trailer

Jake doing what he loves to do: FISH.

Mommo and Jakey boy hanging out in the forest.

Burgers and hot-dogs for dinner!

S'mores












                                

0 comments:

Post a Comment