Sunday, February 7, 2016

Sleepy time tea. A parents worst nightmare.

Don't let that adorable sleeping bear fool ya.

 Let me start this story off by saying that I didn't sleep well for two nights AND I was exhausted. My kids normally sleep really good for the most part but I wanted to make sure that they got a good sleep so Sleepy Time Tea it was. 



I was over at my MIL's house and I decided to give the kids some Sleepy Time Tea (mistake number one). I had this tea called Throat Coat that I was drinking (mistake number two) because I was sick and had a cold. Please take my advice. Don't ever drink that. I'm not even kidding. The description on the back said "slimy, but in a good way" What do you even know of that is slimy but in a good way?!? For realz. The kids drank all of their tea and I headed home. 





I helped the kids get ready for bed and I tucked them all in. We said our prayers and I kissed them goodnight. I stayed up for a little bit and went to bed at 10. The Pee Fest started around 11pm. 

Let me start off with Tuck.  I heard him crying so I went in to check on him. I brought him to bed with me and laid him down beside me and then I felt the wetness. The dreaded wetness that no exhausted parent wants to feel at night. He had completely soaked him self in pee. So I had to use my ninja skills to sneak into the kids room and grab a diaper and wipes. I got a change of clothes for him, got him dressed and after a few snuggles and kisses, back in the bed he went. He decided to scream off and on most of the night. 


                                     

It is now 2am and I hear Emily say "Mommy, I NEED TO MAKE POOKIES" I'm tired y'all. I didnt even want to move at this point so I said from my room "Go make pookies, Emily" I heard her get out of bed and walk into the kitchen where she stopped. Now, as a parent you always hope that you can lay in bed while the kid happily goes to the bathroom, turns on the light, does their business and peacefully goes back into the bed. Yeah, that doesn't happen over here. We are lucky to have a creepy shadow tree monster that lives outside our bathroom window that the kids are deathly afraid of.  Of course his creepy tree arm shadow only comes out at night. He blows by the window in just the right way. I'd be creeped out too if I was their age, so I knew it was coming. "Mommy, the shadow of the tree in the window is scary. Can you turn on the light?" So I get out of bed and turn on the bathroom light and explain to her that the shadow off the tree in the window is not something to be afraid of. I tuck her back into bed.



I went over to check on Jake. I put my hand on his back and I felt the dreaded wetness AGAIN. Charlie and I were talking about parenthood and he said if he could describe one word that summed up parenthood it would be bodily fluids. He couldn't be more right at this point. 
   
Jake had soaked his clothes. All the way up the front and all the way down the back. His bed, pillow, every thing. Urine was every where. At that point I just wanted to cry. I was feeling so overwhelmed and tired. How much pee can a mom take?!? Just at the moment God gave me just what I needed to hear, right when I needed it most. Emily looked over and said "Mommy, I love you" Thank you Lord!! I got Jake a new diaper and changed his bed. I put him back in his bed and he went to sleep. 

I've learned a few life lessons from this:

(A) God will give you just what you need, just when you need it most. Something as simple as your daughter saying "Mommy, I love you" can mean so much when your elbow deep in pee. I'm telling ya!

(B)Never, ever, ever, give a child Sleepy Time Tea 30 mins before they go to bed. Hello, the fullest of full bladders. 

(C) Never believe in your plans when they involve trying to get your kids to sleep at night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment