Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Finishing weak

A few days ago I read this and thought it waa really good! I thought id share it on here.

My sisters, wherever you are on life’s timeline, begin now to pray for grace to finish strong. The older I get, the more I understand that finishing strong means “finishing weak.” Jesus said in 2 Corinthians 12:9 and 10: “My power is made perfect in weakness.” May our response be that of Paul: “Therefore I will boast all the more gladly in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me . . . when I am weak, then I am strong.”

This verse is very real, very precious, very personal to me. I always knew it at some level, but a few years ago I had a sudden and severe attack of vertigo that was eventually diagnosed as being the result of a virus in my inner ear. It left me with very little balance.

So my body has had to learn to compensate for me to stand upright. It also left me deaf in one ear; my eyes sort of dance around and don’t always focus well. But what I have learned through this is the power of God in my weakness!

For me to stand here with lights glaring in my eyes, to not topple over and to put two or three sentences together is a testimony to the power of God! And so I boast in my weakness.

But the truth is, that was always the case, not just when I had that episode of vertigo. The sooner we acknowledge our utter dependence upon Him, the sooner we know the power of His strength upon us. So don’t fight against your weakness, and don’t deny your weakness. Let it bring a child-like dependence upon our strong Savior!

Even if I outlive my love for Jesus, I will never outlive His love for me! He tells us in Isaiah 46:

Listen to me you whom I have upheld since you were conceived, and have carried since your birth. Even to old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you, and I will carry you. I will sustain you, and I will rescue you (see vv. 3–4).

So how does it feel to be an old lady? It feels like a tired, very dependent, very happy little girl being carried in the arms of her Father. And she’s calling to her friends, “Look how good and strong my Daddy is!” And she knows that when she falls asleep in His arms, she’ll wake up at home.

This last part though!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment